Andy Carter is the founder and President of Accent Biomedical. Following more than 25 years in the medical device industry with experience of companies big, small and start up Accent Biomedical is a new venture to allow Andy to further his passion for product development.
- Chief Technology Officer at Anika Therapeutics, NASDAQ listed developer of hyaluronic acid based products for orthopedics, ophthalmics and aesthetic dermatology.
- Vice President R&D and General Manager at Spine Wave Inc. a Connecticut based start up spine company. Responsible for development of injectable nucleus replacement and other motion preserving technologies.
- Group Director of R&D at Smith & Nephew Endoscopy. Led 80+ engineers developing implants, RF and mechanical resection systems, fluid management systems for arthroscopy and endoscopy applications.
- Program Manager for Orthopedics and Endoscopy and Head of Materials Research at Smith & Nephew’s Group Research Center in York, UK. Formulated and led long term research programs in orthopedics and endoscopy, setting up joint ventures in tissue engineering and collaborative research programs with numerous universities.
- Tissue Engineering
- Bioresorbable polymers
- Medical textiles
- Polymer process scale up
- Sports Medicine
- Wound Management
- Involvement in numerous due diligences / acquisitions
- Implementation of stage gate project management and portfolio management systems
- Setting up and running of university collaborations and joint ventures
- Technical expert for litigation
- B.Sc. & PhD, Queen Mary College, University of London, UK